I am just 4 months away from the 65th birthday. (I know it’s hard to believe – but it’s true :-)) As I reach yet another milestone in my life I thought it would be a good time to take stock of what I have come to know so far. This is my second installment. They appear here in no particular order.
I have come to know:
- You don’t manage time – you manage your life so you have the time to do what is important to you.
- 90% of playing good golf takes place between your ears.
- Your attitude is 100% in your control. Only you get to decide how you want to react.
- Assume nothing
- Cats are somewhat manageable
- Kindness is reciprocal. If you are kind to someone they will most likely be kind to you in return
- If it looks like a rose, and smells like a rose, you can bet almost for certain that it is a rose
- Become a student of human behavior. People will reveal their true self
- If you can’t communicate effectively you can’t manage or lead others.
- I love french fries with mayo (Hellman’s of course)
- A great hamburger is hard to beat (Pizza is a close second)
- Life is a planned event. Wishing and hoping won’t make it so. Have a plan and work your plan
- All work and no play does make Brian a dull boy.
- Stress is manageable. You can develop good coping skills
- Spandex is not a god given right. Some people should resist the urge to wear them
- 60 is not the new 40. 60 is 60. I can’t do some of the physical stuff that I could do when I was 40.
Copyright (c) 2015. Brian Smith – Reformed Control Freak. Looking for a keynote speaker or workshop facilitator on a variety of soft-skills topics? Brian will work with you to insure your event is an overwhelming success. Call today. Visit http://briansmithpld.com or email Brian at – firstname.lastname@example.org