I spent Sunday morning reflecting on my past and what I have come to know so far? These appear here in no particular order.
I have come to know that:
- The Rolling Stones are right – “You can’t always get what you want”.
- Shit happens and sometimes there is nothing you can do about it.
- There is no such thing as “Common Sense”. They should call it “Life Sense”. It just seems the older you get the smarter you get.
- There are slow learners and it may not be their fault.
- Life is a planned event. Wishing and hoping won’t make it so.
- Getting married won’t complete you.
- Without having both a physical and emotional attraction with your significant other you stand very little chance of having a long-term relationship.
- There is smart – and then there is smart.
- You don’t know what you don’t know until you know that you don’t know it.
- Golf is a whole lot harder than they make it look on TV.
- Your “Sole Mate” is out there somewhere. Don’t settle – keep looking.
- Some people are surprised that I got this far. Other people aren’t
- Age is just a number. Of course that depends on what type of medication you’re taking.
- When you fall in love – your rational brain stops working.
- Life is not perfect but it beats the heck out of the alternative.
- When I was growing up I wanted to be an artist or a truck driver. I became a College Professor and Published Author instead.
- Never ever give up. Keep at it because you’ll eventually get there.
- You can never go home again is true because nothing stays the same.
- Nobody is perfect. Everyone makes mistakes – so learn to forgive but never forget.
- You can’t have it all
- There is no such thing as a balanced lifestyle
- I have a lot more to learn about everything
- Life isn’t fair – get over it and move on.
- I have a lot more things I want to accomplish, but time is not on my side.
- You can’t make time – but you sure can waste it.
- They say money can’t buy you happiness but I’d like to give it a try
- The “Beatles” are the greatest band – ever
- You don’t have to know everything but you need to know who does.
- Your Mother is always right.
- Respect your elders. They know more stuff then you do because they have lived longer.
- Being married is not a life sentence. If you aren’t getting what you want out of that relationship it’s time you moved on. Life is too short to settle.
Now it’s your turn. What have you come to know so far?
Copyright (c) 2015. Brian Smith – Reformed Control Freak. Looking for a keynote speaker who can entertain as well as inform on a variety of soft-skills topics? Give Brian a call. http://briansmithpld.com
You must be logged in to post a comment.